- All posters for display on CSU BULLETIN BOARDS and ACADEMIC BUILDING BOARDS must be approved and stamped in the CSU Administrative Office (CSU 220).
- Posters for the CSU Bulletin Boards must be posted by CSU Staff. Posters placed by others will be removed.
- Approved posters for CSU display will be put up approximately one week before the event subject to space constraints.
- The CSU has 7 posting locations. Academic buildings have as many as 97. When posting in academic buildings, post ONLY on bulletin marked General Use. DO NOT post on bulletin boards marked for Faculty, Department or Division use.
- The CSU shall not be responsible or accountable for the theft or vandalism of any materials displayed.
- All materials to be posted in the CSU or on general use bulletin boards in academic buildings should be academically-related and sponsored by a University Department or a Recognized Student Organization.
* Required information and downloadable logos can be found on the University Standards website.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato logo. Preferred location of the University logo is across the top of the poster.
- Minnesota State system logo, usually placed along the bottom of the poster.
- Accessibility statement (found under Required Statements on the University Standards Publications and Photographs web page).
By law, the following Required Statements must appear on all publications, with capitalization and punctuation as shown below and with department name and contact information inserted accordingly.
Required statements must be readable; the following specifications are intended to maintain that readability on all publications:
- The type size must be no less than 6 point.
- The type must be set in Futura or Arial, regular or bold only (no light versions).
- Use 100 percent solid color in high contrast to any background color present (for example, black on white or white on black); do not use screens or a percentage of a color. Avoid low contrast colors like black on purple or white on gold.
Two versions of the statement are available depending on the intent of the poster.
For general announcements or non-event related publications:
- A member of the Minnesota State system and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University. This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling [insert Department or Office Name] at 507-389-_ _ _ _ (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY)
- For announcements that include posters, invitations or other materials promoting an event or activity on campus.
- A member of the Minnesota State system and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University. Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, please contact [insert Department or Office Name] at 507-389-_ _ _ _ (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least ____ days prior to the event. This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling the above numbers.