Mankato Area International Festival
The Mankato Area International Festival is one of Minnesota's largest international events. The festival showcases foods, music, dance, and cultures of dozens of nations, all in one place on one day. Foods and performances are provided mainly by international students at Minnesota State University, Mankato, but other local and regional vendors, restaurants, and performance groups also participate.
Save the Date: April 19, 2020 from 11am-3pm
International Festivals usually occur during the Spring semester and are a great opportunity for people from all over the state to gather, interact, learn, and celebrate! The festival is a collaborative effort by the Kearney Center, the Centennial Student Union, students and community members.
Check out the student groups who represented their countries by preparing food for the 2019 Festival:
- Asian Students in America: Kimchi Hot Dogs
- Bangladesh Student Organization: Stuffed Potato Chop, Mango Lassi
- Chinese Student & Scholarship Association: Chicken Wings
- Hmong Student Association: Wontons, Bubble Tea
- Ivorian University of Grand Bassam Alumni and Friends Network: Fried Plantain with Crispy Chicken, Hibiscus Tea
- Japanese Association (JIA): Teriyaki Chicken
- Korean Student Association: Shaved Ice with Toppings
- Liberian Students Association: Plantains and Gravy
- Nepali Student Community (NeStCom): Steamed Momos with Sauce
- Pakistan Student Association: Kulfi (Ice Cream)
- Saudi Student Association: Kabli Arabic Rice
Hungry now? Sign up to participate for 2020!