Housing Accommodations

Residential Life works in partnership with the Office of Accessibility Resources to provide housing accommodations for students with documented disabilities. Each student's need are determined on an individualized, case-by-case basis.

Students should contact Accessibility Resources as soon as possible to coordinate accommodations. Students should have their health care provider or other appropriate evaluating professional complete the Health Care Form for Students Requesting Housing Accommodations. The completed form should be returned via fax (507-389-1199) or mail to Accessibility Resources (Memorial Library 132).

In addition, students should proceed and reserve campus housing through Residential Life.

For full consideration, requests for accommodation based on medical need must be received by:

  • May 15 for housing beginning Fall Semester
  • December 1 for housing beginning Spring Semester
  • April 1 for Summer Housing

Emotional Support Animals

An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) is an animal that provides comfort to an individual with a disability in their living environment and is a housing accommodation authorized by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the federal Fair Housing Act.

Applications for an ESA as an accommodation must be approved through Accessibility Resources and Residential Life prior to arrival on campus. Please contact Accessibility Resources for further information.

Information that will be collected and coordinated by Accessibility Resources includes the Health Care Form for Students Requesting Housing Accommodations form, the ESA information form, and the ESA agreement formPlease note, forms should not be sent to Residential Life.