International Student Health Insurance
2021-2022 International Student Health Insurance Plan
- The 2021-2022 premium for the International health insurance is $1,927. Students need to pay $760 for fall semester by July 30, 2021 and $1,167 by November 15, 2021 for spring/summer 2022 semesters.
- Premiums not paid by the deadline dates listed above will result in your classes being cancelled.
- The $760 payment enrolls students in fall semester insurance coverage only and expires 12/31/2021.
- To be eligible for 2022 Spring/Summer insurance coverage, enrollment in 2022 spring semester classes is required and $1,167 premium must be paid by November 15, 2021. Insurance coverage begins January 1, 2022 through August 9, 2022.
- Students have the option to pay for annual coverage for $1,927. This would provide coverage from August 10, 2021 to August 9, 2022. This option allows insurance coverage for Spring and Summer semesters without being enrolled for classes during the spring and summer terms.
Summary of Benefits
Create an Account
Create an account online with UnitedHealthcare Student Resources website to access to your ID card and your benefits. When creating your online account, be sure to use your TechID, not your StarID. Please answer the question as to whether you have other insurance each policy year. Claims will not get paid until this is answered every year.
Electronic ID Card
After Hours Virtual Care
International students who have purchased the Student Insurance have access to free medical advice and health information when Student Health Services is closed by dialing the number listed on the permanent ID card. The HealthiestYou program is staffed by physicians who can assist with medical care or answer questions.
If Student Health Services is closed and you need Urgent Care:
Student Health Services is the primary clinic responsible for providing care and referring when needed. Please note that students are responsible for fees charged at off-campus facilities. To find a Network provider/clinic when Student Health Services is closed or you are traveling go to: www.uhcsr.com and enter Minnesota State University Mankato. Both MayoClinic Health Systems-Mankato and the Mankato Clinic are In-Network.
Student Assistance Program 1-877-862-1172
This phone number connects you to counseling services, including financial, legal, and mental health counseling.
1-877-461-2273 or email email@example.com (use program ID number found on your insurance card)
Provides immediate access to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and certain other services
when faced with a medical emergency while traveling.
Questions about insurance can be directed to Insurance Coordinator Kathy Grant, by phone: 507-389-1432 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or UHCSR Customer Service at 1-888-251-6243 or email@example.com