Information for Students with Health Care Insurance
Please bring your current health insurance card to every appointment. Claims can be submitted by Student Health Services Medical Clinic to the following insurance companies:
- BlueCross/Blue Shield
- Health Partners
- South Country Health Alliance
If your insurance company is not listed above, Student Health Services will provide insurance-ready receipts upon request. In this case, students are responsible for submission of their own insurance claims.
We recommend students check with their insurance company prior to the appointment to verify coverage or referral requirements. Submission of claims does not automatically guarantee coverage. For questions about insurance coverage, please contact your insurance customer service.
Students are often covered under a policy held by parents. Students and parents should review the health insurance coverage together. Questions to consider include:
- What is/is not covered by the policy?
- Is Minnesota State University, Mankato considered "of area" for the policy?
- Is there a deductible? How much is it?
- Is there a co-pay? How much is it?
- Does the student have his/her own insurance card?
Students should carry their health insurance card with them at all times.