Residence communities close at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 25 for Thanksgiving Break. Communities reopen at 12 p.m. (noon) on Sunday, November 29.
Need to Stay Over Break?
During Thanksgiving Break, residents may stay in their rooms and registration is required. There is no additional fee. Although classes and final exams will be fully remote after Thanksgiving Break, residence communities and dining will remain open until the end of the term.
How to Register
Register for break housing by completing the Thanksgiving Break & Refund Application in the Housing & Dining Portal. Register by November 6.
- There is no meal service provided during break. The dining center reopens at 4 p.m. on Sunday, November 29. Chet's Place and the 1872 Grill will reopen at 7 p.m. on Sunday, November 29.
- Front Desk hours are limited. Desks are open 8-10 a.m. on Wednesday, November 25, closed on Thanksgiving Day, and open 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, November 27-28. Front Desks reopen at noon on Sunday, November 29.
- There is no mail/package service Wednesday, November 25-Sunday, November 29.
- Holiday parking is in effect Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27.
- Lobby doors unlock at 10 a.m. and lock at 6 p.m. Doors near Student Health Services unlock at 7:45 a.m. and lock at 6 p.m.
Leaving for Thanksgiving Break
The residence communities close at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 25 for Thanksgiving Break. Parking enforcement is in effect through this day.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24:
- University Dining Center closes at 6 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25:
- Front Desks open 8-9 a.m.
- Jazzman's open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Union Grill open 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Thanksgiving room safety checks take place beginning at 9 a.m. During this time, Residential Life staff will enter all rooms to perform safety checks.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE:
- Close and lock your window.
- Remove all trash from your room.
- Return To-Go containers to the University Dining Center.
- Close your blinds.
- Turn off and unplug electronics.
- Turn off all lights.
- Close your room door and make sure the lock is secure.
- Take your car with you.