All residence communities close at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 7.
Residents should do the following prior to departing campus.
- Attend closing floor meeting (each CA will schedule this to take place between April 14-20).
- Schedule a time to check out with your CA. At checkout, the room should be completely empty of your belongings and the room should be satisfactorily clean.
- Make sure your bed is not blocking the window.
- Beds do not have to be lofted.
- Cleaning supplies can be checked out at the Front Desk/Stadium Heights Office.
- Return to-go containers back to the dining center for a $5 refund.
- Update permanent mailing address in E-services (if living on main campus) so that mail is forwarded to the proper address. If living at Stadium Heights, complete a mail forwarding request with the United States Postal Service.
- On day of departure,
- Attend your checkout appointment with your CA (be on time!)
- Check your mailbox one last time for mail and packages.
- If you brought a bike to campus, take it home.
- Dumpsters will arrive at the locations below on Friday, April 16.
- Use a cart to take your trash to one of these locations (do not put trash in your floor's trash room, if living on main campus).
- Stadium Heights residents should continue to utilize the dumpster closest to their building.
April 26-30 and May 3-7, students may load their vehicles in short-term parking between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. View parking maps and locations below. Green stall parking will stop being enforced Thursday, May 6.MORE LESS
- JULIA SEARS: Park on the west side curb of West Road (in front of Julia Sears). Do not park in crosswalks.
- CRAWFORD: Park along the curb in Lot 14A (east side of C Hall) and in non-Gold stalls on the north end of Lot 14. Parking in gold stalls will result in a ticket.
- MCELROY: Park in all Lot 15 stalls in front of McElroy, except for stalls designated for facility vehicles and accessible vehicle parking.
- PRESKA: Park on the west side curb of North Ellis Avenue along the grassy area from Lot 15 to Maywood.
A request to stay past 7 p.m. on Friday, May 7 requires a documented (often University-related) reason. See below for how to submit a request.MORE LESS
To submit a request, login to the Housing & Dining Portal. Click FORMS and enter the information requested. You will receive an email response within three business days.
Late stay requests will only be approved to stay until Sunday, May 9. If you need to stay on campus past May 9, you should register for Interim 1 Housing.
Carts are available for checkout at Front Desks on main campus. Make sure you return your cart promptly after use so that other students can use it.MORE LESS
Carts are being stored in the lobbies of Crawford, McElroy, Julia Sears, and Preska. Before taking one, make sure you check it out with the Front Desk Assistant.
Don't throw away non-perishable food - donate it to the Maverick Food Pantry! View details below.MORE LESS
Non-perishable food donations are accepted at the Maverick Food Pantry (142 Carkoski Commons) on the following dates/times:
- Mondays: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 1-4 p.m.
- Fridays: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Cleaning supplies can be checked out at the Front Desks and from CAs at Stadium Heights. View the complete list of supplies available below.MORE LESS
- Brooms/Dust Pans
- Trash Bags
- Magic Erasers
- Putty Knives
- General Purpose Cleaner & Paper Towels
Residents may discard of unwanted electrical appliances in the designated locations beginning Friday, April 23. Do not put appliances in the dumpster. View list of accepted items and disposal locations below.MORE LESS
- Other devices