Our Mission & Students
Learn about our department mission and get a snapshot of the students we serve.
The Department of Residential Life provides convenient living spaces, intentional services, and actively engaged staff who strive to help all students build connections, get involved, and achieve success.
Students & Programs
- We provide housing to nearly 2,900 students in five residence communities.
- Historically, 87% of incoming students choose to live on campus.
- Nearly 40% of our students are first generation college students.
- Our Academic Success Coordinator Graduate Assistant provides intentional academic support to students living on campus.
- Our Learning Communities program provides an opportunity for first year students to co-enroll in three classes and live on the same residence hall floor.
- Residents agree on floor/building community standards of expectation and complete roommate agreements.
- Students are encouraged to get involved in residential student leadership opportunities such as Residence Hall Association, National Residence Hall Honorary, and Community Councils. Community Advisor and Learning Community Coordinator positions are other ways to get involved in a paid leadership opportunity.