In the event of an environmental spill involving hazardous chemicals or other materials, follow these guidelines:
- Evacuate the affected area of the spill immediately and help others keep away.
- Report chemical spills:
- Call 911 for police and/or fire department if emergency response is necessary.
- Call University Security (507-389-2111) for immediate assistance.
- Try not to inhale gases, fumes, and smoke. Cover mouth with a cloth while leaving.
- Try to stay upstream, uphill, and upwind of the accident.
- Remove the victim(s) from the spill area to fresh air if possible, without endangering or contaminating yourself.
- Do not return to the area until notified by emergency personnel that it is safe to do so.