Maverick Royalty Requirements
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 30 credits at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA and be in good standing with the University.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- All candidates must fully complete the Royalty Application and turn it in by Monday, September 27 at 4pm
- To verify the candidate’s GPA with the Registrar’s office, all candidates agree in the Maverick Royalty Application that the Student Events Team has permission to communicate with the Register’s Office about their GPA
- All Royalty Court members must attend an informational meeting on September 24 at 2pm. If a candidate cannot attend this meeting, the Homecoming Chair or the Student Events Team advisor must excuse them in advance. This meeting will cover the duties of the Maverick Royalty.
Rules for Royalty Campaigns
- Materials may be hung from untul Friday, October 1st.
- All printed materials must be taken down by Friday, October 1st., 2020 at noon Failure to meet this requirement may result in disqualification.
- No chalking of the buildings is allowed. To sidewalk chalk you must confirm with the scheduling office located in 220 Centennial Student Union.
- Defacing, covering, or taking down other candidates’ posters/flyers will result in disqualification.
- Posters/flyers hung in academic buildings or residence halls must follow guidelines set by Building Services. Please read the Residence Hall posting policy in the next section before hanging flyers in the halls. Candidates will be disqualified for hanging materials in improper spaces.
- The exchange of a vote toward any specific candidate for any good, material, or service is prohibited. Bribery will not be tolerated.
- The Student Events Team and Homecoming Committee will not be held responsible for any of the rules (as stated by Building Services, Residence Halls, and the CSU) that are violated by any team participating in Homecoming.
- Any costs related to damages are the sole responsibility of the sponsoring team.
Rules for hanging materials in the CSU
- Posters may be hung in the restrooms.
- Building signs must remain completely untouched.
- Artwork and gallery spaces are not to be used.
- Campaign materials must not interfere with building traffic.
- Posters cannot be hung on the doors
- Only Blue Painters Tape can be used to hang materials.