Competition Team Info
Registration is Due Thursday, September 26 at 4pm!
What you will need:
- Primary Contact Info
- Which events your will participate in including
- Dodgeball Primary Contact
- Eating Contest Competitors
- Royalty Candidates
- Lip Sync Contact
- Parade Float Contact
Minnesota State University, Mankato has made it a tradition to embrace and encourage all students to get involved. In 2016, the Homecoming Committee, Student Events Team, and the Minnesota State Student Association, (MSSA) have worked together to discuss the topic of the King and Queen titles to be inclusive.
“Minnesota State University, Mankato prides itself on diversity and inclusivity for all students. The Homecoming Committee chooses royalty based on leadership, involvement, academic excellence, and the most Maverick spirit,” said Kylie Morton, Homecoming Competitions Chair.
Each year moving forward, the Homecoming Committee will select a court of 10 individuals to represent the student body. From these ten, two Royalty will be chosen regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
Homecoming Royalty are chosen based on demonstrating leadership on campus, demonstrating involvement in campus activities, academic excellence, and ability to represent Minnesota State Mankato Homecoming with a positive image.
Homecoming Court Selection
Homecoming court will be chosen based on the following (each a 10-point scale):
- Demonstrated leadership on campus
- Demonstrated involvement in campus activities
- Academic excellence
- Ability to represent Minnesota State University, Mankato with a positive image
Homecoming Royalty Rubric
Homecoming Royalty will be chosen based on the following
- 15% Attendance at Maverick Pride Day
- 15% Royalty Feud
- 40% Candidate Interview
- 30% Percentage of Royalty Voting
Homecoming Royalty Requirements
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 30 credits at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Candidates must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA and be in good standing with the University.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- All candidates must fully complete the Royalty Application and turn it in by Tuesday, September 24, 2019.
- To verify the candidate’s GPA with the Registrar’s office, all candidates must sign the grade release form attached to the Homecoming packet and turn it in with the royalty application.
- All Royalty Court members must attend an informational meeting on Friday September 27st at 2 pm. If a candidate cannot attend this meeting, the Homecoming Chair or the Student Events Team advisor must excuse them in advance. This meeting will cover the duties of the Homecoming Royalty along with handing out posters.
- All Royalty Court candidates must attend Royalty Feud on Monday, September 30th from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. on the CSU mall. Come 10 minutes before