Only students who complete their housing reservation by our priority deadline (March 1) will be able to participate in Roommate Matching.
To Search and Find your Own Roommate
Beginning March 2, follow these steps:
- Login to the Housing & Dining Portal using your StarID/password.
- Select the heading titled ROOMMATE GROUPS.
- Three search options will be available in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- SEARCH FOR ROOMMATES BY DETAILS: This allows you to search for roommates based on screen name, description, gender, or age.
- SEARCH FOR ROOMMATES BY PROFILES: This allows you to search for specific profile items such as level of cleanliness, personality, or study habits. This will return search results of students that match your criteria.
- SUGGEST ROOMMATES: This allows you to view a list of students that most closely match your profile.
If you find a student that might be a match, message them within the housing portal to get to know them better. If you decide to be roommates, you will need to create a Roommate Group (see video below).
The Roommate Matching feature is only available in the housing portal until 11:59 p.m. on April 7 (deadline has been extended). You have one month to search and select a roommate. If you do not select a roommate, a roommate will be assigned to you.
Roommate Group Reminder
All members of a Roommate Group must accept their invitation to join by 11:59 p.m. on April 7. If you created a Roommate Group, we suggest checking the housing portal to make sure all members have joined by the deadline. If they do not accept the invitation, they will not be included in your Roommate Group and you cannot add them later.