Requesting a Roommate
Students who want to live together must have a complete housing reservation by March 1.
How to Request a Specific Student as your Roommate
Beginning March 2, follow the steps below to request a specific person to be your roommate.
- Login to the Housing & Dining Portal with your StarID/password.
- Click the heading titled ROOMMMATE GROUPS.
- At the bottom of the screen, click CREATE GROUP. This will prompt you to name the group and to give it a password. Write the password down so you don't forget!
- To invite your roommate to the group, click SEARCH FOR ROOMMATES BY DETAILS and enter your roommate's screen name.
- When their profile appears, click the REQUEST button and confirm that you want to send them an invitation to join your group.
- You will be able to view pending and accepted roommate requests on your Roommate Groups page.
- You can also invite suitemates or apartment mates to your roommate group! Add them the same way you did your roommate.
Check the housing portal prior to the April 2 deadline to make sure your roommate accepted their request. They will not be added to the group if they do not accept by 11:59 p.m. on April 2.
Make it Official
There are many ways to make a roommate match:
- Friend from your hometown.
- You found someone on a Facebook group.
- You met someone at an open house on campus.
- Your coach suggested that you room with a teammate.
- You found someone through Roommate Matching in the housing portal.
No matter how you found them, you must create a Roommate Group in the housing portal to make it official. Don't overlook this important step! And more importantly, make sure everyone in your Roommate Group accepts their request to join the group by the April 2 deadline. Unfortunately if they don't accept the request by the deadline, they will not be able to be your roommate.