WiFi & Internet
Residents can access the Internet from outlets and wireless access points in their room.
To get connected to the wired network in your room, you will need a compatible ethernet cable and a device with an ethernet port. Some devices without ethernet ports support ethernet adapters, in which case a supported adapter would also be needed. To connect to the wired network, plug your ethernet cable into the wired jack in your room.
A high-speed wireless network is available in living units and public areas of the residence communities.
How to Connect
When you are prompted to sign in, be sure to select "Login with School Account". Log in using [StarID]@go.minnstate.edu and your password.
Additionally, for iOS14 and above, Android 10 and above, and some other devices, disable "private network" or "MAC randomization".
- Open Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Tap the "i" information button next to MyResNet 2g or MyResNet 5g.
- Set "Private Address" to off.
- Open Settings and select Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Choose either MyResNet 2g or MyResNet 5g.
- Under "Advanced," make sure "Privacy" is set to "Use device MAC".
TEXT: "ResNet" to 84700