WiFi & Internet
Residents can access the Internet from outlets and wireless access points in their room.
To get connected to the wired network in your room, you will need a compatible ethernet cable and a device with an ethernet port. Some devices without ethernet ports support ethernet adapters, in which case a supported adapter would also be needed. To connect to the wired network, plug your ethernet cable into the wired jack in your room.
A high-speed wireless network is available in living units and public areas of the residence communities.
How to Connect
- Navigate to your wireless settings on your phone, click the SSID that says "MyResNet Start Here".
- Click the option to "Login with your School Account". Username format for students is: starID@go.minnstate.edu.
- Once logged in, fill in the fields to complete your profile.
- After completing your profile, follow these steps:
- Turn off "Private Address" or "MAC Randomization" in Android and Apple devices.
- Additional devices must be registered by adding their MAC address(es) in the portal.
- For instructions on locating your device's MAC address, click "Help me find my MAC address" on the "My Devices" page.
To return to the portal to add/delete/manage your devices or update your profile:
- Connect to MyResNet 5G on your device.
- Go to www.myresnet.com and click "Returning User".
- Sign in using the format from step 2 above.
TEXT: "ResNet" to 84700