Finding Your Work-Study Job on Handshake
If you have been awarded work-study funds as part of your financial aid package, congratulations! In order to earn these work-study funds, you must use (in most cases) the Work-Study Application that is found here to apply to work-study eligible jobs that are found on Handshake. Download the application, fill it out, save it to your computer, and re-upload it to work-study jobs on Handshake.
Unsure if you are work-study eligible? Contact Student Financial Services for more information.
*Returning students can bypass Handshake by speaking with past employers directly. Make your supervisor aware that you have received work-study again in your financial aid package and would like to return.
- If you are a new student, wait for the University to create your account AFTER you have completed orientation and registered for classes. Shortly after orientation you will receive a welcome e-mail from Handshake to your mnsu.edu inbox– this means your account is ready and you can log in. If you are a current student, your account is already set-up.
- Click here to log in using your StarID and password (If it is your first time logging in it will guide you through setting up your profile).
- Click on the “Jobs” card.
- Click on oval labelled “All filters.”
- Check the box labelled “Work study” and click blue oval “Show results” at the bottom right.
Click on the titles to learn more and apply by uploading the Work Study Application (or other documents as requested by each job posting). Don’t delay applying – if you see a job you’d like, make sure you apply ASAP as employers may hire before the “close” date. Once you accept a Work-Study job, you will not be able to switch during the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you have questions about your Financial Aid package or award, please contact the Campus Hub to make an appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor. They can be reached at email@example.com. If you have questions about using Handshake contact the Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the #MavFam and we look forward to partnering with on your Maverick journey!