Educational Tax Information
Paperless student tax documents
Students can provide consent to receive student-related annual tax documents electronically for quickest access.
- Login to e-services with your StarID and password
- On the My Dashboard screen, select Action Items links for Tax Form 1098-T Tuition Statement and Tax Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
- Follow the on-screen instructions to provide consent for electronic form delivery
Once consent is provided, the Action Items links will disappear. The consent is only needed one time for each tax form and covers current and future years of enrollment at all Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
Additional Student Tax Information
While students and families should seek the advice of a tax professional for tax planning and income tax return preparation, these online resources from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Tax Unit (MinnState) may help in understanding tax laws as they relate to postsecondary students.
- Tax Information for Students (IRS)
- About Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement (IRS)
- Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center (IRS)
- Student Tax Information (MinnState)
- 1098-T Tuition Statement Frequently Asked Questions (MinnState)