Inviliglation and Anti-Plagiarism
What is Invigilation / Anti-Plagiarism?
Anti-plagiarism software equips educators with the tools needed in order to effectively check the originality and integrity of a student's work. Invigilation, or the process of ensuring that students are taking their own exams, includes a range of approaches and technologies that can help bring rigor to the testing process for online and blended assessments.
If you are considering strategies regarding Invigilation/Anti-Plagiarism, please view our documentation.
What Can I Do?
Some best practices for ensuring academic integrity include:
- Monitoring your Gradebook
- Reporting any suspicious activity to IT Solutions at 507-389-6654
- Always follow data security and privacy best practices such as never sharing your password with anyone
Helpful Anti-Plagiarism Resources for Students
- MNSU Library Avoiding Plagiarism Tutorial
- Academic Honesty: Plagiarism Primer from the Center for Academic Success
- Lynda.com Videos
What Tools Are Available to Me for Invigilation and Anti-Plagiarism?
Browse the supported enterprise tools below to learn more.
Turnitin is a plagiarism detection software and acts as a tool to educate students how to correctly and effectively use secondary sources.
Respondus Lockdown is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within D2L. While the quiz is locked down, students are not able to use other programs on their computer.