Student Services Coordinators
- Available positions for 2021-2022.
- Provide direct supervision to our residence community Front Desk teams.
- Provide leadership in coordinating occupancy for our halls.
Academic Success Coordinator
- No positions available for 2021-2022.
- Creates initiatives that support department-wide academic success.
- Collaborates with student staff on floor and academic programming.
View compensation information below for our graduate assistant positions.Compensation Close
Residential Life compensates for on-campus visits including travel and lodging.
Graduate assistants have a salary of $10,000 for 9.5 months of academic year employment, plus additional compensation for training days. Summer employment has a salary of $5,000.
Graduate student benefit information, in addition to Residential Life benefits, can be found below.Benefits Close
Graduate assistants (GAs) receive full graduate tuition remission (at the graduate school tuition level rate), approximately valued at $10,658. Such enrollment shall not exceed twelve (12) credit hours per semester.
GAs have the option of taking classes and taking on a summer GA position, but this is not required. Some Graduate students have chosen to take an off-campus internship in the summer. Summer GAs shall receive full summer graduate tuition remission valued at $5,329.
Residential Life Benefits:
- A one bedroom furnished apartment, including local phone service, local digital cable service, ethernet access, wifi, a washer and dryer located within the apartment: valued at approximately $725/month.
- Contemporary office furnishings and an office computer.
- Our pet policy allows one cat, one bird, or many fish.
- A fiance, spouse, or legally dependent children may share the apartment.
- Additional compensation for training. Valued at approximately $48 per day of training.
- Utilize $400 professional development fund for your conference travel, organization memberships, and subscriptions.
Approximate 12-month package value: $40,307
Approximate 9.5-month package value: $28,718
Graduate Assistants are supported in growing professionally. View professional development opportunities and affiliations below.Professional Development Close
- Participate in a two-week fall training period.
- Share your knowledge through training and program presentations; fall and in-service CA training, and other opportunities.
- Join committees or present at Regional Student Affairs and Housing Conferences (including UMR, ATCCHA, MCPA, Spring Leadership Institute).
We are Proudly Associated with these Organizations:
- Association of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I)
- Upper Midwest Region of the Association of College and University Housing Officers (UMR-ACUHO)
- American College Personnel Association/College Student Educators International (ACPA)
- Minnesota College Personnel Association (MCPA)
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH)
- Midwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls (MACURH)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Association For Student Conduct Administrators (ASCA)
- Associated Twin Cities College Housing Administrators (ATCCHA)
We provide graduate assistants with their own apartment. View a list of amenities and photos below.Amenities Close
We hope you find them comfortable and inviting, with modern furnishings, wireless internet, laundry, and adequate storage space. The apartments come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with a variety of amenities. We expect our live-in staff to adhere to University policies regarding smoking and alcohol.
Priority Application Due Date: February 7, 2021
Phone Screening Interviews: Mid to Late February
Finalist Interviews: Mid to Late March
Graduate Assistantship Offers Extended: April
We are accepting applications for two Student Services Coordinators. We are not accepting applications for an Academic Success Coordinator.
The priority application deadline is February 7, 2021.How to Apply Close