Support for ALL students, faculty and staff
No single quit smoking method is right for everyone. Learn more about quit smoking methods to decide which ones really work and what might be right for you at SmokeFree.gov.
You’re much more likely to quit when you get help and support from a trained coach or counselor. Here are some ways they can help:
- Individualized phone, email and text support
- Face-to-face counseling or a visit with your doctor
- Cessation groups
- Nicotine Replacement Therapies
Resources to help you quit
- From now until August 31, 2020, Quit Kits can be sent to work or home addresses using US Postal Service at no charge by requesting one HERE.
- Beginning September 1, those interested can pick one up at the Health Education Office, Room 100 in Carkoski Commons OR they can request delivery to an on-campus office via intracampus mail.
Lower-cost nicotine replacement therapies are available for students to purchase at the Student Health Services Pharmacy.
Everyone in Minnesota has access to free phone coaching to quit tobacco, even if you're uninsured. QuitPartnerMnN.com
Freedom From Smoking
The American Lung Association’s free quit smoking program
American Cancer Society
24 hour phone counseling, 7 days a week
A free quit smoking program
State and National resources, free materials, and beneficial quitting advice
A smoke free social network designed to help people quit smoking. Features online social support, personalized goal and progress tracking technologies.
This innovative and free text message program was created with input from teens, college students and young adults who have attempted to, or successfully, quit e-cigarettes.