Dental Hygiene Online Degree Completion Program
Program Name: Dental Hygiene
Type of Degree: Bachelor of Science
Find new career opportunities by completing your bachelor degree in dental hygiene. Our program allows you to proceed at your own pace with the support you need to finish your degree.
Although private dental offices continue to be the primary place of employment for dental hygienists, today’s dental hygiene professionals have many other career pathways to explore as well. Never before has there been more opportunity for professional growth.
Job opportunities for graduates include:
- Clinician ($74,070)
- Sales Representative ($60,340)
- State Public Health Officer ($45,360)
- Clinician Instructor ($55,240)
**Salary figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2019
Students in our program are well prepared to take the exams required to be licensed as a dental hygienist. In 2016, the regional practical exam rate was 95.2% and the national written exam was higher than 84%—above the national average.
Admission requirements to the Dental Hygiene Bachelor Degree Completion Program:
- Successful completion of a program in Dental Hygiene accredited by the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation or current enrollment in a program.
- License to practice dental hygiene or eligible for licensure.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0
If you are currently enrolled in a two-year dental hygiene program and would like to start the degree completion program early, please contact Julie Dittrich at email@example.com for details.
The application for the Dental Hygiene Bachelor Degree Completion Program is online.
- You will need to attach a copy of your current dental hygiene license. If you haven't yet received this, you will need to submit this at a later date.
“Completing the program gave me broader knowledge of dental hygiene as a ‘career’ outside of clinically. It has given me knowledge to be more successful in my current jobs. … It has given me the knowledge to be confident in myself in the area of public health and as a dental hygienist.”