About Global Education
Global Education is comprised of the Office of the Dean, the Kearney Center for International Student Services, the Center for Education Abroad and Away, and the Center for English Language Programs. Collectively these areas are responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering the principal aspects of the University’s international education efforts and global endeavors. These endeavors include the recruitment and retention of international students, development and coordination of education abroad and away programs, promotion of and support for faculty and student exchange opportunities, implementation and management of international partnership initiatives and agreements, and oversight and monitoring of the institution’s compliance with all federal, state, and system requirements pertaining to international education.
- Global Education aspires to foster global citizenship across our diverse campus, community and world.
- The Kearney International Center promotes and supports global awareness, intercultural understanding, and individual sensitivity to the diversity of life, culture and intellectual pursuits. In support of Minnesota State University, Mankato’s mission to break down barriers, create solutions and achieve great things, the Kearney International Center: Recruits, orients, serves, and engages U.S. and international students and scholars
- Manages global partnerships and programs
- Shares expertise to support faculty and staff in collaboration with other academic departments and campus offices to further University internationalization efforts
- Facilitates cultural programming for students, scholars, campus, and community
- Advocates within the University and community on behalf of our student and scholar population
- Provides advising and immigration services
- Administers and expands endowment resources
- Conducts ongoing assessment to improve programs and services