Propose a Learning Community
Learning Communities are a collaborative effort between a sponsor (department, college, or non-academic department) and the Learning Communities program. Our goal is to support students' academic success and assist in their academic and social transition to Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- First-Year Learning Communities explore an academic interest or connect like students, while making friends and becoming part of the campus community.
- Second-Year Learning Communities connect students to a specific department, college, or non-academic program.
Being the Lead of a Learning Community means you have the opportunity to interact with students and promote student success!
- Meet with Learning Community Coordinator (LCC) on a monthly basis
- Learn about weekly activities and study sessions being held in the Learning Community
- Help generate ideas for events around campus you feel would be beneficial for the students to attend
Questions? Contact: Jean Clarke, Director, University Learning Communities at (507) 389-1655 or firstname.lastname@example.org