Divisions within University Security
The Security Department is composed of six areas. These included: Patrol Services, Communications Center, Parking & Traffic Enforcement, Locking Systems, Customer Service & Support Assistants, and Emergency Medical Technicians.
The University Security Patrol unit is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to perform the following duties:
- Incident response.
- Physical building security.
- Provide security for special campus events.
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Compile information for MSU incident reports.
- Act as a liaison with the Mankato Department of Public Safety.
Security Communications are in operation 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Their tasks include:
- Answer calls placed to the Security Office at 507-389-2111. Provide dispatching services for the Patrol Division, Emergency Medical Technicians Unit, and Parking & Traffic Division.
- Actively monitoring the campus and parking lots using CCTV cameras.
- Monitor outdoor emergency telephones.
- Monitor and control campus intrusion, fire, and electronic card access alarm systems.
- Answer TDD calls on 507-389-2111.
- Arrange night shift maintenance & repairs.
Emergency Medical Technicians
Emergency Medical Technicians are available during the academic year, when classes are in session. Their tasks include:
- Respond and provide care for injuries or illnesses on campus.
- Work closely with Health Services and Mayo Clinic Ambulance Service to provide extended care if needed.
- Provide added foot patrol of campus buildings and property.
Locking System Division tasks include:
- University lock and key control.
- Cut and record all issued keys.
- Key core replacement and repair.
Parking Services Officer duties include:
- Enforcement of University Parking and Traffic Guidelines.
- Provide vehicle related services, such as jump starts and unlocks.
Office Support duties include:
- Public relations for walk-in or telephone customers.
- Clerical duties.