Alcohol-Wise is an evidence-based prevention course used by incoming first-year students to change student perceptions, reduce risk, and impact campus culture.
- All incoming first year students at Minnesota State University, Mankato are expected to complete Alcohol-Wise, a free online prevention course.
- Only incoming first year students have been automatically enrolled in Alcohol-Wise.
- Please direct any questions to Antonia Yenser, Student Health Services: email@example.com or (507) 389-5689.
- If you are an incoming first year student and received an email from your MavMAIL account about completing Alcohol-Wise, please go to the link below and sign in using your StarID.
- Be sure to log in with your StarId credentials StarID@go.minnstate.edu and your StarID password.
AlcoholScreening.org helps individuals assess their own alcohol drinking patterns to determine if it is likely to be harming their health or increasing their risk for future harm. Through education and referral, the site urges those whose drinking is harmful or hazardous to take positive action, and informs all adults who consume alcohol about guidelines and caveats for lower-risk drinking. By answering a few questions, AlcoholScreening.org can offer you information about safe guidelines for drinking and your currently level of risk for potential harm to your health and well-being.
Here2Help Alcohol Overdose Intervention Training
Every year, college students die needlessly from alcohol overdose. Student groups at Minnesota State Mankato can request Here2Help Alcohol Overdose Intervention training to provide group members information on how to recognize the signs and symptoms of alcohol overdose and the skills to appropriately respond. This 1.5 hour training is offered at no charge to student groups and can be scheduled by contacting Lori Marti at 507-389-5689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reduce your risk your risk of harm from drinking, you don't have to give up socializing. You just have to plan ahead and stick with your plan.