Registration Cancellation for Non Payment Policy
All students must meet minimum financial requirements to remain enrolled each semester. Student accounts are reviewed in advance of the published Registration Guarantee Dates; accounts that do not meet the requirements are subject to registration cancellation for nonpayment.
Note some actions taken to meet the minimum financial requirements may not be immediately reflected on student accounts; students can verify updated Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment status on the Bills and Payment page on e-services. A green checkmark next to the message means requirements have been met; a red X next to the message means your registration is still at risk of cancellation for non-payment.
Students at risk of registration cancellation for nonpayment are alerted by email prior to the registration guarantee date to provide the opportunity to resolve their status. Those impacted by registration cancellation are notified by email as well. Re-enrollment guidance is provided at that time and will vary depending on whether the cancellation occurs after the Early Registration Guarantee Date or the Final Registration Guarantee Date.
Students not intending to stay enrolled in classes should not rely on the Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment procedure to automatically remove course registration and related tuition & fees charges. See additional information about Dropping Courses or initiating an Official Withdrawal to prevent unintended financial obligation to the University.
Meeting one or more of the following conditions will prevent registration cancellation for nonpayment:
- FAFSA (federal financial aid application) in process with the University Apply online
- FAFSA data transmission to school takes 3-5 business days; send email confirmation info to Campus Hub if needed to meet timeline
- Payment of $300 or 15% of tuition and fees charges, whichever is less, applied directly to tuition or fees.
- Payment Information
- Select the Make a Payment option on e-services to apply your payment directly to your tuition and fees charges.
- Do not choose the Make a Prepayment option unless tuition and fees charges do not yet exist on your student account. Prepayments do not immediately apply directly to tuition and fees charges and will not guarantee your registration.
- Scholarships, third party payments, or tuition waivers reflected on the student’s account that meets the 15% or $300 minimum
- Enrollment in an automatic monthly payment plan through Nelnet/FACTS (credit card or ACH bank draft)
- Enrollment in payment plan takes 1-3 business days to reflect on student’s record; send email confirmation info to Campus Hub if needed to meet timeline
- Confirmation of graduate assistant tuition remission benefit from hiring department
Summer Term 2021
The University will not be implementing the Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment procedure for Summer Term 2021, as allowed by temporary guidance from the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System as part of an overall operational response to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Fall Semester 2021
Monday, August 2, 2021
Early Registration Guarantee Date for registrations through July 26, 2021
Friday, August 27, 2021
Final Registration Guarantee Date for registrations through August 27, 2021
Spring Semester 2022
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Early Registration Guarantee Date for registrations through December 7, 2021
Friday, January 14, 2022
Final Registration Guarantee Date for registrations through January 14, 2022