How to Register for New Student Orientation
A step-by-step process to successfully register for Orientation and more! Although there are many items on this list, check your email or mail for additional tasks you may need to complete.
Complete Prior to Orientation:
- Complete enrollment confirmation. Please note after you confirm your enrollment it may take up to a day for the information to show in the registration system and you may not be able to complete Step 3 immediately.
- Activate your Star ID. (Reminder: You will need your Star ID and password at orientation.)
Summer/Fall 2021 Orientation Registration is open. Please be sure to check the email account your used to apply to the university to find your invitation. New invitations will be emailed out each Monday. You can also get registered by going here.
You will receive an orientation invitation by email. In the email there will be a link to take you to your personal page to register for the online orientation and select your advising/class registration date. The Orientation Registration invitation email will be sent out weekly to the email address used when you applied to the university.
- Start using your University MavMail email account.
- Register for your first-year virtual connection lab. Virtual Connection Labs allow you to get your questions and concerns addressed, talk with current student leaders on our campus, and meet your peers to make connections before you start in the spring. One-hour Connection Labs provide you with a fun, interactive way to meet other students. Students will be emailed an invitation to register for the Virtual Connections lab at a later time. Virtual Connection Labs are currently closed for registration but will open in the near future. You will receive an invitation via email when they open.
- Watch for an email from the MavCARD Office with instructions to securely submit your photo and government ID online.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Check your email regularly to complete any additional steps.
- Apply for on-campus housing. Students planning to live off-campus should review information about off-campus housing.
- Students living on-campus will need to choose and sign up for a meal plan.
- Consider signing up for a learning community.
- Students who graduated from high school outside the state of Minnesota and/or students who have not had their tetanus/diphtheria vaccine within the last ten years need to submit an immunization record form.
- Submit your final high school and/or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Before classes begin, you need to check your university email account. Any additional information, including modules you need to complete, will be sent your university email account.
- Check your Financial Aid status and complete any remaining required documents.
- Review important dates and deadlines related to financial aid, payment, and registration.
- Prepare for move-in day.
- Sign up for VIP Event Texting to get exclusive access, advance tickets, prizes, giveaways and more to the happening events on campus. Text: Student to 76626 to opt in
- Complete the mandatory Sexual Violence Prevention Training module on D2L by the 10th day of the Fall semester.