Student Technology Tools and Resources for Online Learning
Learning online means you’ll be using technology a lot. Get ahead of the curve by utilizing the recommended and available technology software and services for students.
You may need to run a system check to ensure that your computer system is properly configured for the web courses. It verifies your browser version, browser settings, and display settings on your computer.
Software, Applications, and Digital Tools for Students
- D2L Brightspace
- Office 365 / MavMAIL
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Kaltura MediaSpace
- Online Training (LinkedIn Learning)
- Mav Life Mobile App
- MATLAB and Simulink
- CyberAware - Tips to stay digital safe during COVID-19 and beyond
- Library Resources during COVID-19
Computer and Wi-Fi Recommendations
- A newer Windows or Mac computer
- A reliable internet connection
- Need a computer, cable or keyboard? The Campus Computer Store is open online.
Minimum Software, Operating System, and Application Recommendations
- A reliable internet browser, Firefox or Chrome are best
- Up to date computer operating system
- Access to MavMail & Office 365 (download five copies for free)
Technology Training, Help, and Support
Tech questions? We have you covered! Here we share useful help and support resources for quick answers to your tech questions.
- Support Articles
Search tons of step-by-step support articles on hundreds of topics on the IT Solutions website.
- LinkedIn Learning
Watch free video courses by experts on thousands of tech and other topics on LinkedIn Learning (previously Lynda.com).
Minnesota State Mankato has a curated playlist of recommended Office 365 videos, pick and choose videos and courses to learn more about Microsoft applications like Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, and more.
- IT Solutions Webinars
Explore previously recorded and upcoming webinars focused on key University tech tools and services.
- IT Solutions Center
Get tech assistance from our IT Solutions Center experts on the web, online chat, email or by phone at 507-389-6654.