2017 Arts & Cultural Heritage Funding
April 8th - The Jesus Christ Superstar Pageant & Singalong was performed at Patrick's on 3rd in Saint Peter, MN.
April 21st - Free Form Freakout presents an evening of experimental and improvised sounds, featuring Maths Balance Volumes, Justin Meyers, Paul Metzger, and Graham Lambkin. The performance was given at the Arts Center of Saint Peter in Saint Peter, MN.
September 16th - The Legendary Stardust Cowboy, with support act The Spectors, perform at Hooligans Neighborhood Pub in Mankato, MN.
- "MSU Department of Music Performance Series” included five 90-minute concert events. More than 1,500 MSU students and community members attended these events. Following some of the concerts, audience members were invited to participate in a question and answer session with the musicians and production crew. In addition, music industry students from the Department of Music were given the opportunity to gain real world experience with these concerts in the areas of concert production and audio technology.
- “St. Peter Cabaret,” a live performance in collaboration with the new Cabaret Le Ruse.
- Blues on Belgrade concert
- Alive After Five/Songs on the Lawn concerts
- Mankato Symphony Orchestra
- Mankato Symphony Orchestra’s Youth Concerts
- Hank & Rita, A Barroom Operetta
- 13 music and spoken word events at The Arts Center of St. Peter
- The Jimmy’s blues band in concert at the VFW in Austin
- Musical performers for the unveiling of the City Art Walking Sculpture Tour in the city centers of Mankato and North Mankato
- Solstice concert
- Speechless Film Festival, with a concert by the Last Revel.
- Grind-Fu Cinema
- Austin Area Artworks Festival concerts
- Mahkato Traditional Wacipi, an annual Indian Pow Wow held at Dakota Wokiksuye
Makoce, also known as Land of Memories Park in Mankato, through its legacy project “Mahkato Wacipi Mankato Pow Wow.”
- Rock Bend Folk Festival