High School Student Scholarships
Academic Scholarships for First Year Students
Minnesota State University, Mankato is proud to offer merit and need-based scholarships to new first-year students through RaiseMe. Criteria for these competitive scholarships varies based on high school GPA, challenging coursework, extracurriculars, leadership, and other factors. For more information, and to begin following and potentially earning scholarship dollars, visit the Minnesota State University, Mankato RaiseMe site.
Priority submission by January 15 and need to be admitted to the university by February 1.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities:
- Presidential Scholar Awards. Awarded to selected new students based on class rank, leadership, personal essays and interviews. Students must hold a 3.8 GPA or rank in the top 10 percent of their high school class to be considered. These $20,000 scholarships are awarded over four years. Interviews for finalists will be held in February.
- Meredith Scholar Award. Awarded to one selected undergraduate student pursuing a career in mathematics or natural sciences. This includes majors in mathematics, mathematics education, biological sciences, life science, physics, chemistry, astronomy or physical science. Students must rank in the top 10 percent of their high school class and have an ACT composite score of 27 or greater to be considered. This $32,000 scholarship is awarded over four years. On-campus interviews for finalists will be held in November and February.
- Graham Chemistry Scholarship. This one-year $2,500 scholarship is awarded to a student who expresses an interest in majoring in chemistry. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 to be considered.
- National Merit Finalist Scholarship. Are you a high school student who is a National Merit Scholarship finalist? If you list Minnesota State University, Mankato as the institution you plan to attend, you will receive an $8,000 (over four years) scholarships from Minnesota State University, Mankato. Apply for a National Merit Finalist Scholarship.
To be considered for the Presidential Scholar Awards, the Graham Chemistry Scholarships, the Meredith Scholar Awards, or the Honors Program, please visit scholarship opportunities.
The Presidential, Graham Chemistry and Meredith Scholarships will be awarded in addition to any Maverick Scholarship a student qualifies for.
More Scholarship Opportunities
Departments and Colleges
At Minnesota State Mankato, many scholarships are available through individual departments, colleges, and programs.
Open to incoming and current students, the United States Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps scholarships offer 100 percent college tuition and educational fees as well as a designated book allowance.
High school seniors are eligible to apply for talent grants in any of the following areas: creative writing, music, speech and theater. The grants are non-renewable and apply toward a student's first-year tuition.
- Creative Writing Talent Grant Application
- Speech & Debate Team Talent Grant
- Music Talent Grant
- Theatre & Dance Talent Grant
Minnesota State Mankato participates in all funding opportunities available to NCAA Division II institutions (Division I for Men's and Women's Hockey). Prospective student athletes should contact the head coach of their individual sport for more information. Visit the Mavericks Athletics website.
Non-Minnesota residents may be eligible for in-state tuition rates if you meet certain requirements. (This does not include students in reciprocity states of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin or students in programs with one tuition rate for all students regardless of residency.)
In-state Tuition Requirements for First Year Students
High school 2016 graduates who meet any of the following requirements will automatically receive an in-state tuition scholarship: rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class, have an ACT composite score of 25, have an SAT Critical Reading and Math total of 1100 (old SAT) or have a PSAT Selection index of 150.
High school 2017 or later graduates who meet any of the following requirements will automatically receive an in-state tuition scholarship: rank in the top 15 percent of their high school class, have a GPA of 3.8, have an ACT composite score of 25, OR have an SAT Total of 1220 (March 2016 test or later).
Legacy In-state Tuition
If one or both parents graduated from Minnesota State Mankato, a student may qualify for in-state tuition. The application is available at Legacy In-state Tuition Scholarship.
For any questions on scholarship opportunities, contact Admissions at 800-722-0544 or email email@example.com.