New Student Checklist
The following checklist is designed to help you get started at Minnesota State Mankato. Although there are many items on this list, check your email or mail for additional tasks you may need to complete.
Complete Prior to Attending Orientation:
- Complete enrollment confirmation.
- Activate your Star ID. (Reminder: You will need your Star ID and password at orientation.)
- Register for an Orientation Program.
- Start using your University MavMail email account.
- Submit your photo online for your MavCard Student ID card. Be sure to check your MavMail to confirm that your photo has been approved.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Check your email regularly to complete any additional steps.
- Apply for on-campus housing. Students planning to live off-campus should review information about off-campus housing.
- Students living on-campus will need to choose and sign up for a meal plan.
- Consider signing up for a learning community.
- Students who graduated from high school outside the state of Minnesota and/or students who have not had their tetanus/diphtheria vaccine within the last ten years need to submit a immunization record form.
- Submit your final high school and/or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
Complete During Orientation:
- Pick up your MavCARD (Student ID) at the MavCARD Office. A current, government issued photo ID is needed at time of pick-up.
- After registering for classes during orientation, the staff at Barnes and Noble on campus will help you reserve your textbooks.
- If you are planning to bring a car to campus, stop by the cashier's office to purchase a parking permit.
- Before classes begin, you need to check your university email account. Any additional information, including modules you need to complete, will be sent your university email account.
- Check your Financial Aid status and complete any remaining required documents.
- Review important dates and deadlines related to financial aid, payment, and registration.
- Prepare for move-in day.
- Check out the schedule for Welcome Week!