Beekah Madia Russell, Program Advisor
- University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, Bachelors of Science in Social Work
- Kansas State University, Masters of Science in Counseling & College Student Development and Academic Advising Certificate
- Independent Personal Care Worker, Greater Whitewater Area
- Assistant to the Dean of the College of Letters & Sciences, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Assistant Community Coordinator, Kansas State University
What I like about being a Maverick
What I like about being a Maverick is the caring nature of the students, faculty, and staff. Everyone is driven to make sure our everyone is as safe as possible while also having a great experience.
What makes me passionate about my work is having the opportunity to have a strengths based approach centered around diversity, equity, and inclusion. I actively participate in professional development opportunities within student affairs, social work, and disability advocacy. I am an active member of our Union and serve as a representative to the President’s Commission on Diversity. I am also actively involved in the Upper-Midwest Regional Conference (UMR-ACUHO-I) and the Association for Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD).
In my free time I love hanging our with my partner and two dogs (Bolton and Sokka), working out, watching Marvel/Anime/all things Disney, and participating in all things Halloween all year long.