Iron Range Engineering
This program provides upper division engineering coursework. Lower-division coursework is typically completed at a community college. Itasca Community College in Grand Rapids, MN is the primary partner for this program. Admission requires an application to Minnesota State Mankato and the Iron Range Engineering program. For more information, please see the description at the Integrated Engineering major.
Iron Range Engineering uses industry-sponsored projects to provide project-based design experiences for student engineers. Iron Range Engineering is only offered at Mesabi Range College, 1001 West Chestnut Street, Virginia, MN.
|Integrated Engineering BSE||BSE - Bachelor of Science in Engineering||
Policies & Faculty
MINIMUM INTEGRATED ENGINEERING PROGRAM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Entry Requirements. A minimum of 49 semester credit hours including the following courses and credits must be completed before the student enters the engineering curriculum in the Fall of the junior year in full standing.
- Calculus and Differential Equations (16 credits)
- General Physics (calculus-based) (8 credits)
- Additional math and science courses, including chemistry, (8 credits)
- Intro engineering courses including programming or introduction to engineering, statics, dynamics and lab-based electric circuits (13 credits)
- English Composition (4 credits)
All courses and credits shown above must be completed before full enrollment in 300-level engineering courses, unless special permission is granted by the department chair. All of the above courses must be taken for “grade”. It is not acceptable for the student to take any of these courses on a pass/no credit basis. A grade of “C-” or better must be achieved in each course. Students may be admitted provisionally while these requirements are being satisfied.
Application to Program. To be considered for admission, the student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for all science, math, and engineering courses. Admission to the Integrated Engineering Program is selective and subject to the approval of the Integrated Engineering program faculty. Admission to the Integrated Engineering Program also requires the completion of the application found at the following website: http://cset.mnsu.edu/ie/apply.html.
Each application will be evaluated individually and the decision of Integrated Engineering program faculty will be final. Failure to submit an application by stated deadline could result in the student being denied admission to the program. If a student is denied admission to the Integrated Engineering Program, he/she can reapply to the program for admission in subsequent years.
- Minnesota State Mankato students.The application form at http://cset.mnsu.edu/ie/apply.html is submitted to the Integrated Engineering Program along with a copy of the student’s Minnesota State Mankato transcript and any transfer evaluations. Pre-engineering students at Minnesota State Mankato are not guaranteed admission to the program.
- Transfer Students. Transfer students must submit an application to Minnesota State Mankato and follow all transfer policies. Students may be able to complete the required pre-engineering curriculum at another college or university and have these courses and credits transferred to Minnesota State Mankato, when applying for admission to the Integrated Engineering Program.
GPA Policy. Students graduating with a B.S. in Engineering degree must have:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for all lower-division science, math, and engineering courses.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for all required upper division engineering (ENGR) courses.
- Grades of 1.67 (“C-”) or better for all lower-division science, math and engineering courses and all required upper-division engineering (ENGR) courses to be accepted.
P/N Grading Policy. P/N credit will not be applied to any course used to meet the degree requirements.
All students must follow all Minnesota State Mankato policies.