COVID-19 Housing Updates
This page serves as the location for COVID-19 updates from Residential Life.
- Students who moved out by April 5 will receive their refund by May 30. Students are receiving a 50% refund of their room and a pro-rated refund for meal plan charges for the spring semester. For more information, click Refunds below.
- Students who could not return home at the end of Spring Semester are now living in Preska and Stadium Heights Residence Communities (Late Stay Housing). Crawford, McElroy, & Julia Sears are closed.
- Students living on-campus can opt-in to receive to-go meals from the University Dining Center.
- We continue to accept housing reservations for the fall.
Why haven’t I received my room and meal plan refund?
- Our staff focused on student health and safety as we managed departures and moves to spaces with private bathrooms for remaining students.
- We began processing refunds on April 22. All refunds will be issued by May 30.
- You can set up direct deposit now, if you haven't already done so. You are not required to do this, but it will help you get your money faster.
- Refunds are being processed individually; we’ll process more daily untll all refunds have been issued.
Other students got theirs. Why don’t I have mine?
- Refunds are being processed individually; we’ll process more daily until all refunds have been issued.
When will I get my refund?
- By May 30.
- This will happen automatically and requires no action on your part.
I need my refund now to cover (extenuating circumstance). Can I get it faster?
- Contact Residential Life at 507-389-1011 or via email.
I see a refund on E-services. When will I receive the money?
- The refund amount will first be applied to any balance due on your account. Any remaining refund money will be sent to you.
- All refunds will be issued by May 30.
- A check will be sent to the permanent address you have listed in E-services or by direct deposit.
I thought I would be getting a bigger refund.
- We calculated your refund amount based on room charges and meal plan usage. If you moved out by April 5, you will receive a 50% room refund.
- Meal plan refund amounts are pro-rated based on your use of it. For example: a student who continued to use their meal plan through March 28 would receive a lesser amount than a student who last used theirs on March 6.
Due to COVID-19, we are not offering our traditional summer housing program for enrolled students.
Law Enforcement Skills Students (deemed essential): We have space available on-campus for students who are enrolled in this coursework. Contact Cyndi Morrison to get registered.
Aviation Students (completing flight labs at the Mankato Airport): We have space available on-campus for students enrolled in flight labs. Contact Cyndi Morrison to get registered.
If you have not done so, return any keys issued to you by mailing them to:
111 Carkoski Commons
Mankato, MN 56001
Enclose a note with your name, hall/room number, and StarID. This will help expedite the key return process.
All exterior residence community doors are locked. Students staying on campus can enter by presenting their MavCARD at the door reader.