When you Have COVID Symptoms or Test Positive
For the health of everyone, students showing symptoms of COVID are encouraged to report this information to a Residential Life staff member.
Residents that exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, who have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or who have tested positive must:
- Contact a health care provider and self-quarantine immediately. A COVID Healthcare Hotline is available from Student Health Services during business hours: 507-389-5591. After hours, you may consider calling the Mayo Clinic Health System 24-hour COVID Nurse Line at 507-293-9525.
- If the medical advice is to get tested, the student should self-isolate until results are received. Click here to find a local testing location. Students in need of quarantine or isolation housing should contact Residential Life at 507-389-1011. During weekends or after hours, call 507-389-1480.
- While you are waiting to hear from a Residential Life COVID team member on next steps, if/when you need to leave your residence hall room you should:
- Wear a face covering.
- Socially distance yourself from other students.
- Utilize the to-go option from the University Dining Center.
- If the test result is positive for COVID-19, the student should call the Campus Reporting Hotline at 507-389-2030.
- If the medical advice is to quarantine due to symptoms or exposure, the student will quarantine for 14 days according to MDH guidelines.