Residence Communities Close at 7 p.m. on December 13
During Winter Break, most students leave campus. Food service ends at 1:30 p.m. and doors lock at 7 p.m. Students are not allowed access to the residence communities unless prior arrangements have been made with Residential Life.
To ensure the safety and security of our facilities, staff members check every student's room during closing procedures. If a policy violation is observed while staff are securing the building, staff will document the violation and follow-up will take place when the student returns for the Spring Semester.
Any student found staying in the residence communities during Winter Break who did not register will be charged the full rate plus an administrative fee and may be subject to disciplinary proceedings.
TAKE YOUR CAR WITH YOU
If you have a vehicle on campus, you must take it with you (it cannot stay here).
Students living in suites and apartments can avoid potential cleaning charges by making sure their bathrooms are clean for Winter Break inspections. Bathrooms that do not meet the inspection guidelines will be cleaned by custodial staff and roommates will be held jointly responsible for cleaning charges.
The residence communities open at 8 a.m. on Friday, January 10, 2020 for the Spring Semester. You may return any time after that.
WINTER BREAK REGISTRATION
- Only students returning for Spring Semester are eligible to register for Winter Break Housing.
- Students who register will stay in their own room during the break period.
- The University Dining Center closes at 1:30 p.m. on December 13.
- There is no food service provided during Winter Break. Mav Ave in the CSU will be open limited hours during break.
- Students who register by December 6 will pay $425 (early bird rate).
- Students who register after December 6 will pay $475.
- Students living at Stadium Heights can stay in their room for Winter Break for no additional charge if they register by December 6. After this date, Stadium Heights residents who register will pay $50.
- When you register, you will provide your license plate number from your vehicle.
- Only students registered for Winter Break are eligible to park their cars on campus during Winter Break. Unregistered cars are subject to towing.
- All registered students who live on the main campus should park in Lots 14 or 16. Stadium Heights residents may keep their cars in the parking lots in front of Buildings 701 and 705.
Resources and information for students who have registered to stay on campus over Winter Break.
View information and highlights about hall closing for Winter Break.