Late Stay Housing
Students who cannot return home due to COVID-19, will be placed in Late Stay Housing after the residence communities close on May 8.
Request Late Stay
Are you unable to return home by May 8 due to COVID-19? Submit a Late Stay Request below.
Students are charged $185 per week for their private room. A week is considered Saturday through Friday. Charges will post to E-services on a weekly basis until you cancel or move-out.
Optional Meal Plan
Students who want meal plan service should request it (it is not automatic). Meal service is $11 per day ($77 per week) and will be billed to student account's on a weekly basis.
Guests to the University Dining Center may pay the door rate.
- 12-1 p.m. and 5-6 p.m. daily
Students who opt-in to the meal plan will be sent a weekly email from Dining to choose their meal selections for the following week. Meal plan selections are due by 10 a.m. each Friday.
Late Stay Contract
Students living in Late Stay Housing are required to review, print, and sign a contract. Signed contracts should be returned to Residential Life.
Ending Late Stay Housing
Charges will accrue until you check out of your room. When you are able to return home/move to alternate housing, please do the following:
- Remove all belongings and trash from your room.
- Fill out a Room Condition Waiver envelope, available at the Preska Front Desk and Stadium Heights Office.
- Place key inside envelope and return to designated area.
- Make sure your E-Services permanent address is up to date for mail forwarding if you live in Preska. If you live at Stadium Heights, update your forwarding address with the USPS.
We expect strict compliance with University policies during this time. Disruptive behavior, including possession or use of drugs or alcohol, smoking/vaping, tampering with fire safety equipment, violations of the guest policy, etc. may result in your removal from the residence communities.
- M-F from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., call Residential Life at (507) 389-1011.
- After hours, or in the event of an emergency, call University Security at (507) 389-2111.
If you have a car on campus, you are encouraged to park in Lot 16 green stalls. This is the closest parking lot to your community.
There is a trash room located on your floor for everyday trash. If you have large items that need to be disposed of, place them in the large dumpster located between McElroy and Carkoski Commons.
You are responsible for cleaning your own bathroom. A basic cleaning kit has been provided in your bathroom. If you start to run low on toilet paper, submit a maintenance request and it will be restocked.
Mail & Packages
Mail will be delivered to your mailbox. Your rook key will open your mailbox in Preska (at Stadium Heights, use your mailbox key). Students living in Preska can pick up their packages at the Residential Life Office between noon-1 p.m. each business day (M-F).