Housing Information: COVID-19
Get answers to your questions about Residential Life Housing as it relates to COVID-19.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, students who move out by April 5 will receive a refund for their room and meal plan.(+) More Information (-) Close
We will provide finalized amounts after they have been approved by the Chancellor's Office.
Yes, food service is available on a limited schedule.
Due to the Governor's restaurant restriction, students are not allowed to eat meals in University Dining facilities. Students will be issued a disposable to-go container that can be filled at various stations and take their meal with them.(+) More Information (-) Close
This restriction will stay in effect until the Governor lifts it.
Yes! Submit your application soon to guarantee a space.(+) More Information (-) Close
The University does not provide storage. There are a number of local storage facilities that you can check out.(+) More Information (-) Close
U-Haul is currently offering a special to students who are affected due to the coronavirus.
If you have already checked out, contact the Residential Life Office for assistance. If you have not moved out, you have until April 5 to collect your belongings (your MavCARD will grant you access to your community).(+) More Information (-) Close
- PHONE: 507-389-1011
- EMAIL: email@example.com
Due to COVID-19, we do not anticipate offering summer housing.(+) More Information (-) Close
You should make plans for alternate housing this summer.
If you have moved all of your belongings out of your room and forgot to turn in your Room Condition Waiver envelope and key, send it back to us at the address below. Failure to return your room key will result in $50-$75 charge. Mail your key back as soon as you can.(+) More Information (-) Close
111 Carkoski Commons
Mankato, MN 56001
Front Desks and the Stadium Heights Office are open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. If you need to drop off your Room Condition Waiver Envelope and room key before/after hours, follow the procedure below for your community.(+) More Information (-) Close
- McElroy: Slide the envelope with your room key under the Front Desk gate.
- Stadium Heights: Place in the lockbox on the Hall Director's Office door.
- Preska: Slide the envelope with your room key through the desk gate.
- Julia Sears: Slide the envelope with your room key under the Front Desk gate.
- Crawford: Slide the envelope with your room key under the Front Desk gate.
Mail and packages are being delivered to Front Desks and Stadium Heights, just as they do when classes are in session. You can retrieve your mail and packages when you return to campus. Packages can be picked up during Front Desk hours, which are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.(+) More Information (-) Close
Students who have already moved out will have their mail forwarded to their permanent address in E-services. If you haven't updated your permanent address, it's a good idea to check and make sure it's accurate so your mail follows you.
Students should make plans to move out of their room by 7 p.m. on Sunday, April 5. If you need to stay, you should fill out the Housing Extension Request in the Housing & Dining Portal. Approved students will be allowed to stay until Friday, May 8.(+) More Information (-) Close
Follow the steps below to have a successful check-out.
- When you arrive to your residence community, go to the Front Desk/Stadium Heights Office and request a Room Condition Waiver Envelope.
- Move all of your belongings out of your room (carts are available on main campus).
- Remove all trash from your room. Cleaning supplies and trash bags are available at the Front Desk.
- When your room is empty and clean, return your Room Condition Waiver envelope with your key included to the Front Desk. You will be charged if you do not return your room key.
Do these things before you leave:
- Check your mailbox and take mail/packages home.
- Update your permanent address so that your mail is forwarded.
- If you brought a bike to campus, take it home.
- If you are concerned about damage charges in your room, take pictures before you leave and save them for reference.