Off-Campus Housing Listings
For specifics regarding each complex, download our list, and consider calling the leasing offices or visiting the various websites.
Mankato Area Housing Listings
Some complexes may provide roommate matching services for students looking to share with someone else. We attempt to maintain the most up-to-date information about rates, amenities, and availability, but that information changes regularly. For the most current information, contact property managers directly.
- PARTNER PROPERTY RATES AND AMENITIES (COMPLEX LIST) AS OF 10/30/2020
- CURRENT PARTNER PROPERTY AVAILABILITY FOR JANUARY 2021 MOVE-IN AS OF 10/30/2020
- CURRENT PARTNER PROPERTY AVAILABILITY FOR AUGUST 2021 MOVE-IN AS OF 10/30/2020
- SUBLEASERS, VACANT ROOMS, AND SMALL PROPERTY MANAGER DATABASE
There are several options for students, faculty, and staff to consider when looking for a place to live in Mankato. Most students do not have the luxury of being able to afford to purchase a home, and they either live on campus or they rent an apartment or house. Some will choose to live alone, but many students will make roommate arrangements.
The city of Mankato has specific requirements regarding rental properties, the most significant of which is the mandate that the landlord or property manager have a rental license for the property. It is advisable to ask your potential landlord or property manager about whether or not they have this license.
There are thousands of apartments in Mankato, and many of them are in the area surrounding campus, just a short walk from academic buildings, workout facilities, and the student union. Many of the complexes that aren’t just across the street are on a bus route, making it easy to get to campus.
The apartment communities below have chosen to advertise with us. This list is not all-inclusive of every apartment complex in town, but it does include the complexes most popular with Minnesota State University, Mankato students.
- Atwood Property Management
- Best Life/Twin River Townhomes
- Cedar Meadow Apartments
- College Station
- College Town/The Edge/The Lofts @ 1633/The Quarters/Rent Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Glenwood Terrace Apartments
- Gray hawk apartments and valley view apartments
- Highland Hills Apartments
- Live Active Apartments (Briargate/Southridge/The Preserve/Cachet)
- Stadium Centre Lofts
- Stadium Commons
- The Summit & Jacob Heights
- University Square Apartments
Throughout the Mankato community, you will find homes and duplexes for rent. Additionally, some residents will rent out individual rooms in their homes or finished basement “apartments.” Rental license requirements for these properties remain the same as for other arrangements.
Sometimes, students will need to leave their apartment or house in the middle of their rental agreement term. They may graduate or may leave school for another reason. This does not release them from their obligation to pay rent. When renters try to fill this spot, they are trying to find a subleaser. There are usually some subleases available, but this is especially during the months of June and July and after the Fall semester.
Check out our searchable database for options in smaller properties or those looking for subleasers/roommates.