Sign up to be a Mentor TODAY!
Mentors are individuals - MNSU faculty, staff, and graduate assistants - who have a desire to provide guidance to 1st- and 2nd-year students of color.
If you are interested and meet the below criteria, please click here. To become a Mentor, you must:
- Be MNSU faculty, staff, or graduate assistant
- Be familiar with campus resources and opportunities (additional training will be provided as needed)
- Help educate mentee(s) about campus resources and opportunities
- Display leadership skills and serve as a role model to your mentee(s)
- Have an interest in supporting, mentoring, and developing future leaders
- Serve as a trusted counselor or guide to a 1st or 2nd-year students of color.
- Participate in Diversity and Inclusion mentoring program events (no more than 2 a semester)
- Be available twice a month for at least one hour to meet with and spend time with each mentee(s)
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please register TODAY!
For more information about The Village Mentoring Program, please contact Kenneth Reid, Director of the African American Affairs, at (507) 389 - 6207 or via email at Kenneth.Reid@mnsu.edu.