Kwesi Essilfie, Graduate Advisor for Greek Life and Dance Marathon
Master's Degree Candidate in College Student Affairs
Kwesi Essilfie graduated from California State University, Northridge (CSUN) receiving his Bachelor of Science in Health Administration.
At CSUN, Kwesi became Re-Founding Father for Phi Delta Theta California Zeta chapter and helped to install the chapter. He held positions as president, vice president, house manager, and Community Service chair during his time in the chapter.
On-campus, Kwesi worked at the CSUN Career Center as a Peer Educator engaging with students on career development and exploration.
After graduation, Kwesi was a senior leadership consultant for Phi Delta Theta Fraternity and, most recently, a college coordinator at Kid City Hope Place.
In his free time, Kwesi loves spending time cooking, baking, and traveling. Kwesi will be a graduate student in the College Student Affairs program at Minnesota State Mankato this fall.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Administration, California State University, Northridge (CSUN)
Past Experiences: High School Coordinator and College Coordinator at Kid City Hope Place; Leadership Consultant for Phi Delta Theta General Headquarters
GETTING TO KNOW KWESI
"The most rewarding aspect of working with students is when they make a connection that there’s more than one road to get to goal they are trying to accomplish."
“I like to spend my (very little) free time, getting lost in a new city or place because you’re able to discover new thing along your journey if you haven’t gotten lost in the first place. Or trying to bake something new that have not done before."
KWESI’S FUN FAST FIVE QUIZ
- Three words that best describe you? Creative, compassionate, learner
- Three things that can always be found in your refrigerator? Some type of nut milk, fresh fruit and vegetables
- Three people, living or dead, you would like to invite for dinner? My Grandparents and Malcolm X
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I helped start a nonprofit organization called Kid City Hope Place in Downtown, Los Angeles, when I was in high school.
- What superpower would you like to have? Why? I want the power to master all four bending elements: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water, or the ability to use magic. The ability to bend comes one my favorite cartoons show The Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender. I love how the series depicted how bending the elements can benefit one’s community and nature. As for magic, I always fascinated about the world of magic from watching TV shows, movies, and reading books. With magic, the things you can do are limitless.