Garret Meier, Graduate Advisor of RSO's and Leadership
Master's Degree Candidate
As graduate advisor for Registered Student Organizations and Leadership, Garrett helps oversee all RSOs and The Leadership U board, workshops, and retreats.
Education: Garrett was born and raised in North Mankato, Minn., and graduated from Mankato West High School in 2015. He completed his undergraduate degree at Gustavus Adolphus College in Saint Peter, Minn. where he earned is Communications Studies degree in May 2019.
Past Experiences: During his undergraduate years at Gustavus, Garrett worked on campus in the scene shop building the sets for plays as well as off-campus at FUN.com and the YMCA.
Garrett was very involved at Gustavus with numerous student organizations including the Gustavus Choir, Legacy Co-ed A Cappella, The Environmental Action Coalition, the Gustavus Music Collective, and the Pan African Student Organization.
He was also a Gustie Greeter (orientation leader), volunteered in all of the St. Peter schools through Study Buddies, and played as many intramural sports as he could in his spare time.
GETTING TO KNOW GARRETT
"My top accomplishments since joining the CSU staff include Leadership U Board training, and a successful Campus and Community Fair."
"The most rewarding aspect of my work with students is getting to help them grow and succeed in college like so many others helped do for me!"
"I like to spend my free time packing as much as possible into my time outside of school. Some of the best times in life are spent with friends and family. I love watching new shows and movies, exercising-- broomball, basketball and running--and I especially love music whether it's listening, playing, singing or sharing."
GARRETT'S FUN FAST FIVE QUIZ
- Three words that best describe you? "Open-Minded, thoughtful, creative."
- Three things that can always be found in your refrigerator? "Hummus, mayo, milk."
- Name three people, living or dead, you would like to invite for dinner? Why? "Donald Glover, Frank Ocean, Paul McCartney (or any of The Beatles). I think all of these people are fascinating in their own unique ways."
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? "People would be surprised to know that I like to dance."
- What superpower would you like to have? Why? "I would love to have Elasta Girl's Superpowers because she is by far the coolest of the Incredible's (except maybe Jack-Jack)."