Ryan Strelow, Technical Coordinator
As technical coordinator, Ryan facilitates media and technology requests within the Centennial Student Union and ancillary spaces. His supervisory role includes training media and technology to his student staff. Ryan’s technical expertise includes designing lighting, audio and visual implementation; designing and implementing of media production content; interpreting contract riders; and making decisions for appropriate media and technology equipment.
Education: Undergraduate: Theatre Design and Technology with focus in Sound Design, Lighting Design and Theatre Management, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Past Experiences: Ryan gained valuable experience as a student employee on the CSU’s Technical Services Team for more than three years. His technical knowledge is evident after earning a prestigious Kennedy Center award for lighting design during the 2015 National Dance Conference that featured the Minnesota State Mankato production of Television: Or (And Now Our National Anthem). Ryan has been an active member of the United States Institute of Theatre Technology (USITT) since December 2012.
GETTING TO KNOW RYAN
"My top accomplishments since joining the CSU staff include developing a new ‘digital training system’ for our Tech Staff, moving all of our Audio and Lighting systems to a fully digital format, and facilitating and implementing the replacement of the 21+ year old Student Union Public Address/ Background Music system.”
"The most rewarding aspect of my work with students is helping groups realize the vision of an event with high yet attainable goals.”
“I like to spend my free time attending music concerts, theatre performances, or home-brewing beer.”
RYAN’S FUN FAST FIVE QUIZ
- Three words that best describe you. “Frequent problem solver”
- Three things that can always be found in your refrigerator. “Dijon mustard, cold brew coffee, hummus”
- Name three people, living or dead, you would like to invite for dinner. “Stan Lee, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans..... AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!”
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? “I participated in what was once the Guinness World Records largest pillow fight (until the record was broken at a St. Paul Saints game).”
- What superpower would you like to have? Why? “Teleportation because I could grab brunch in Europe and still be back to work on time.”