Cydney Coffey, Graduate Assistant, Communications
Master's Degree in Sports Psychology, Graduate Candidate in Counseling
As graduate assistant for the Centennial Student Union Office of Communications, Cydney oversees a student team which consists of graphic design, web design, videography, and public relations. She works directly with students in producing a weekly e-newsletter and a bi-monthly video series.
Education: Undergraduate, Psychology with minors in Sociology and Women and Gender Studies, North Dakota State University; Post Graduate, May 2020 Master's Degree in Sports and Exercise Psychology from Minnesota State Mankato; graduate candidate in Counseling, Minnesota State Mankato
Past Experiences: Presented at the Regional Conference of the Association for Applied Sports Psychology; Played varsity soccer at North Dakota State
GETTING TO KNOW CYDNEY
"My top accomplishments since joining the CSU staff include managing my student team, developing a routine for my student team and meeting and networking with various staff members and students through different events.”
"The most rewarding aspect of my work with students is being able to see them succeed at what they do and knowing that I was able to help them achieve their goals!”
“I like to spend my free time relaxing! Whether that is watching some TV, cooking, sleeping or working out.”
CYDNEY’S FUN FAST FIVE QUIZ
- Three words that best describe you. “Positive. Determined. Compassionate.”
- Three things that can always be found in your refrigerator. ‘Strawberries, yogurt, and hummus!”
- Name three people, living or dead, you would like to invite for dinner. “Dwyane Wade, Michael B. Jordan & Jussie Smollett! I love them all! They are my favorites and I would love to meet all of them.”
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you? “I almost fell out of a roller coaster (The Wild Thing at Valley Fair) when I was younger.”
- What superpower would you like to have? Why? Time manipulation! 24 hours isn't enough time in a day!!