Career Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Career Development Center staff recognizes that there are many unique challenges related to careers and job searching during this unprecedented time. As a result, we are gathering resources and tips that we hope will be helpful. This page will be updated as we discover new information to share, so be sure to check back for updates.
Career Development Center Virtual Services
Individual Career & Job Search AssistanceSchedule an Individual Appointment for these topics: resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile reviews; interview coaching & practice interviews; job & internship search strategies and tools; major choice & career exploration; graduate school planning; and career assessments
- Use Handshake to look for local, regional and national jobs and internships; register for career events; schedule an appointment and more!
- Virtual Employer Events: Many employers are hosting virtual events on Handshake to connect with students and share information about their organization and opportunities.
- A full library of 7,000 short videos to provide tips and strategies on a whole host of career topics. Searchable by title, major, industry, and more.
- Clarify your interests, skills, personality, preferences and values and see what career paths they may lead to. Research occupations and how well they fit for you. FREE with the access code MAVERICKS.
- Access to 16 million job and internship postings. Updated daily. Employer profiles and contact information for more than 450,000 local and multinational employers in 196 countries. H1B Visa Database of US employers that have submitted H1B visa applications to employ international talent. Country and city guides, all written by local employment experts and constantly updated.
- Job Searching Tips from your Career Development Center
- How to use Indeed to Job Search During COVID-19
- Why Waiting to Start Job Hunting Will Prove to be the Wrong Strategy
- Remote Interviewing Tips
- Graduating in the Age of COVID-19 Student Guidebook
- Get Hired Remotely
- Free LinkedIn Learning Courses to Help You Navigate the Impact of COVID-19
- Webinar Recording: How to Find and Land a Work-from-Home Remote Job
- Graduating In A Pandemic: Advice For The Anxious Post-College Job Search
- 9 Job Search Tips for International Students in the Age of Coronavirus
- 8 Job skills to Succeed in a Post Corona-Virus World
- Highlighting your COVID-19 Experiences on you Resume (The Career Center at Florida State University)
- Graduate’s Guide to Getting Hired During Covid-19
Who Is Hiring?
- COVINTERN Find an Internship
- Glassdoor COVID-19 Companies Hiring
- Minnesota Jobs in Demand During COVID-19
- List of Companies Currently Seeking Employees in Minnesota
- 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now
- 900 Startups Hiring Remotely in 2020
- Who is Hiring & Who is Freezing Hiring (Candor)
- USA Jobs (Federal Government) COVID-19 Jobs (fast track hiring)
- LinkedIn Who’s Hiring Right Now
- Companies that are Still Hiring During COVID-19