COVID Operations of Climbing Walls
Updated COVID-19 Operations:
Maverick Adventures- Climbing Walls
MNSU Covid-19 Policies need to be adhered to at all times.
At this time, due to COVID19, use of the climbing wall is limited to current MNSU students and Faculty/Staff with valid rock wall memberships only. We will continue to monitor local case rates in and around Blue Earth County to determine when we will allow general community members to again participate in our programming. Outstanding memberships will be honored when we reopen.
Maverick Adventures Staff will assist and instruct all climbers in new COVID procedures when they arrive at the climbing wall for their time reservation.
The climbing wall will operate with limited numbers (currently at 8 climbers/session)
The following guidelines will be in place at the MNSU Climbing Walls:
- Participants need to make a reservation for a 55 minute time slot. Reservations can be made at the following site: https://link.mnsu.edu/8gw (Reservations can be made 2 days in advance of reservation). At this time we're asking individuals to limit themselves to a single 55 minute time slot per night to allow for more Mavericks to climb per night.
- All participants will use hand-sanitizer upon arrival for their climbing session.
- Participants will wear a mask at all times while climbing and withing the climbing area. Participants will not be permitted within the climbing area or to climb without a properly worn mask.
- Adherence to social distancing guidelines are mandatory at all times. Current Spacing is 9’ Feet between participants (2 Climbing Lanes)
- Climbers will check in for their reservation at the Climbing Wall front desk with their reservation confirmation and Student ID.
- Climbers will check out all equipment for their time slot of climbing by staff.
- If shoes are needed, climbers will be required to wear socks.
- Shoes will be available at a first come first serve basis.
- After Climbing All check out equipment will be put in the “used/dirty” bin for quarantine.
- Climbers will belay each other with an up-to-date belay qualification and proper social distancing.
- Staff will assist with belaying as they are available.
- Climbers will use provided hand-sanitizer before and after each climb and belay during their session.
- Climbers for the next session may not wait in the climbing area. 5 minutes before a climbers reservation is to start, they may show up to get checked in by staff after the previous session’s Climbers depart.
- Climbers will be asked to come off the wall and begin gathering their things 5 minutes before their session ends.