Monday, September 27, 2021
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
SOFTBALL FIELDS 1 AND 2
No preregistration necessary! Just bring 9 people!
Spirit Month KICKBALL RULES
Current A.S.A. Softball Rules will govern kickball with the following emphases and modifications:
- Shoes must be worn by all players. No metal, hard plastic, or polyurethane spikes or shoes with detachable cleats are allowed.
- A team consists of 10 players. A minimum of eight is needed to start and continue a game.
- Games are 5 innings or 35 minutes. Kickball is played on a regulation softball field.
- 3 outs ends inning for that team. No tag is necessary at home plate.
- The batter is out in situations similar to softball (forceouts, popouts, etc.). In addition, a runner is out when he/she is hit by a thrown ball below the waist.
- The ball is put in play when the pitcher (a player on the defensive team) rolls the ball toward home plate and the batter attempts to kick the ball. The batter must wait for the ball to be within three feet of home plate before kicking the ball. If the batter does not like the pitch, he/she should not attempt to kick it, and another pitch will be thrown. The batter may ask for another pitch three times. There are no walks. A batter gets 3 attempts at kicking the ball. A missed attempt or foul ball is a strike.
- A runner who leaves the base before the pitch reaches home plate or is kicked, is out and the ball is dead. Leading off and stealing bases between pitches is not allowed.
- In order to prevent injury and protect the defensive player attempting to make a play on a base runner, the base runner must be called out, if he/she remains on his/her feet, and deliberately, with great force crashes into a defensive player holding the ball, waiting to apply a tag.
- A team automatically wins if they are leading by 15 or more points in the third inning.
- Bunting will not be permitted and is a dead ball and an automatic out.
Each team will receive 25 points for entering a team of 9-11 people. The teams will be put into a bracket. Please use your competition name when signing up.
- First Place – 50 points
- Second Place – 30 points
- Third Place- 15 points