COVID-19 Orientation Updates
This page serves as the location for COVID-19 updates from Orientation.
- Orientation for new and transfer students will be in an online format for the Summer/Fall of 2021. An emailed invitation will be sent out weekly to all Summer & Fall 2021 students starting March 1, 2021.
- The registration fee is $75 for New First Year Students and $50 for Transfer Students.
- After registering for the online orientation students will be enrolled into online orientation modules to complete before the first week of classes. The D2L learning platform will be used for the online modules.
- Part of orientation includes class advising and registration for your first semester as a Maverick. You will start the class advising/registration process with a synchronous Zoom information session that you will choose when you receive your Orientation invitation through email. After the Zoom session you will set up a time with advising to register for your courses.
- We want you to connect with other students! Virtual Connection Labs are designed to allow you to get your questions and concerns addressed, talk with current student leaders on our campus, and meet your peers to make connections before you start in the fall. These one-hour Connection Lab will provide you with a fun, interactive way to meet other students, share a bit about yourself, reflect on your upcoming college experience, and help you build relationships that you can carry with you throughout the summer and into the upcoming school year. We are very excited to meet you and for you to meet your peers. Email invitations to register for Virtual Connection Labs will go out in late May.