Set Up a Shared Mailbox on Windows
Once permission has been granted to the account, it can take up to 24 hours for those account permissions to propagate to all of the various mail systems. After that 24 hour period follow the instructions below to add the departmental shared mailbox to their Outlook client or MavMail.
Adding a shared mailbox to the Outlook desktop client
1. Open the Outlook application.
2. Click File on the top left of the menu.
3. Click on the Account Settings button, and click Account Settings... from the drop-down menu.
4. Double-click on your name in the E-mail tab.
5. In the Change Account window, click on the More Settings... button.
6. In the Microsoft Exchange window, click on the Advanced tab.
7. In the Mailboxes section of the Advanced tab, click on the Add button.
8. In the Add mailbox window, enter the name of the mailbox you want to add, then click OK.
9. If more than one match is found and the Check Name window appears, select the appropriate name from the list and click OK.
10. Click OK on the Microsoft Exchange window.
11. Click Next on the Change Account window.
12. Click Finish on the Change Account window.
13. Click Close on the Account Settings window.
The added mailbox will appear in the left-hand navigation pane in the Outlook client.
To remove the mailbox again, follow steps 1 through 6 above, but then select the mailbox and click on the Remove button, then proceed with steps 10-13.
Adding a shared mailbox to your MavMail view
1. Log into MavMail.
2. Under the Folders in the left-hand menu, click More.
3. Right-click on your name and choose Add shared folder... from the pop-up menu.
4. Enter the name of the mailbox you want to add, then click on the Search Directory pop-up.
5. Click on the appropriate mailbox name from the pop-up list.
6. Click Add.
The added mailbox will appear in the left-hand navigation pane in MavMail.
To remove the mailbox again, right-click on the folder and select Remove shared folder.