Fix Outlook Email on Windows When Not Configured as an Administrator
Fix Outlook Email on Windows Devices (Desktops/Laptops) After the December Transition of Office365
Set up Outlook on your laptop or desktop with these steps. This process should work whether or not you are configured as an administrator on the computer you are using.
1. Begin by restarting your computer.
If there is an option to "Update and restart", choose it to install your pending updates.
2. When your computer has restarted and you are logged back in, open the Control Panel.
3. The Control Panel will open.
4. When the Control Panel is open, use the Control Panel search box to search for "mail", then click on Mail (32-bit).
5. Click on the Show Profiles button.
6. Click the Remove button until all listed profiles are removed.
7. When prompted with "Careful, if you remove this profile…", click Yes.
8. Repeat this process until all profiles are removed, then click OK.
9. Open Outlook.
10. On the "Welcome to Outlook 2016" screen, click Next.
11. In the Microsoft Outlook Account Setup screen click Yes when asked "Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?".
12. On the Add Account screen click Next.
13. You may be prompted to enter your password for your previous @campus.mnsu.edu account. Click on "Sign in with another account".
14. When prompted for an email address, enter your new username, then click Next.
- Students: <Your StarID>@go.minnstate.edu
- Faculty and Staff: <Your StarID>@minnstate.edu
15. Enter your password, then click Sign in.
16. When Outlook completes setup for your account click Finish.
Outlook will open and begin downloading your mail and folders. This process can take a while if you have a significant amount of email. You can see your synchronization status in the bottom bar of Outlook.
We suggest letting Outlook finish its initial download of mail before exiting. (You can minimize the window and continue using your machine while you wait.)