Fix Outlook Email for Windows
Fix Outlook Email on Windows Devices (Desktops/Laptops) After the December Transition of Office365
Please remember that your email address has not changed.
Set up Outlook on your laptop or desktop with these steps:
1. Download and run the Migrate Outlook Profile.exe program to set up your new email client.
2. If prompted with the User Account Control click Yes.
If you were prompted for a Username and Password, follow these instructions OR call the IT Solutions Center at 507-389-6654 for support.
3. Outlook may open automatically. If not, open the Outlook application.
4. On the "Welcome to Outlook 2016" screen click Next.
5. In the Microsoft Outlook Account Setup screen select Yes when asked "Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account" and click Next.
6. On the "Add Account" screen click Next.
7. You may be prompted to enter your password for your previous @campus.mnsu.edu account. Click on "Sign in with another account".
8. When prompted for an email address, enter your new username, then click Next.
- Students: <Your StarID>@go.minnstate.edu
- Faculty and Staff: <Your StarID>@minnstate.edu
9. Enter your password, then click Sign in.
10. When Outlook completes setup for your account click Finish.
Outlook will open and begin downloading your mail and folders.This process can take a while if you have a significant amount of email. You can see your synchronization status in the bottom bar of Outlook.
We suggest letting Outlook finish its initial download of mail before exiting. (You can minimize the window and continue using your machine while you wait.)